Friday, October 19, 2012

Making Time to Write

As a full time student who spends every free hour either reading for school, writing for school, thinking about school, writing (and reading) personally becomes more difficult each day. But I still find time to write, outline, work on some manuscript related project. But I found some awesome advice from debut author Amy Tintera when it comes to writing.
I was going to write out a long list about I managed my time, how I prioritized, how I made word count goals. But, honestly, making time to write, for me, all comes down to one thing:
Be honest with yourself.
I sat down and took a hard look at myself. I was in my twenties, childless, in excellent health. I had very few responsibilities outside myself. My time was my own.
 After reading this, suddenly I felt guilty for browsing more author/publishing blogs and putting off my draft.

So I'm off to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Down to Business

It's January 26 (I say this AFTER I've checked the date numerous times) and it's been over an entire month since I've last u...