Sunday, October 21, 2012

I've been really into writing/author/publishing blogs lately. And I'm not saying that lightly, as in "oh yea  I've been checking out a few blogs here and there." No, I mean that in a "I'm literally searching high and low for great blogs that don't just talk about upcoming books, but what is going on in YA world and how to improve writing along with helpful tips to publishing. What do you mean I should be working on my essay that is due next Thursday? Sorry does not compute. Does not compute."

The thing that I love about these blogs is that, they're not simply giving you advice, but encouragement. They're giving you reasons to return to your draft when you're in a rut or to keep your head up when things aren't going your way in the publishing sphere. And my favorite thing of all is that, it makes me want to write, even when I'm not quite ready to write (sometimes you have a scene that you want to happen, but you haven't thought it through just yet).

And for me, personally, this newfound encouragement puts me in a place I need to be. If I could, I'd write a thousand words a day. That enough would be satisfying (and I'm positive I would write more if I was a full time writer). But sadly, I don't have that option and sometimes that knowledge that I can't sit down and go to my writing place daily is disheartening. Frustrating. But after readying a few posts, I find myself fighting the urge to write. 

It feels good. I feel good.

This week I wrote quite a bit. Friday (my day off from school and work when no one is home to bug me) alone I wrote just over two thousand words.

WORD COUNT: 3,247

Hopefully I can keep this up. Or at least keep it up on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Down to Business

It's January 26 (I say this AFTER I've checked the date numerous times) and it's been over an entire month since I've last u...